- Attractive appearance
- Modern design
- Easy to clean
- Grown in: Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, Guatemala.
- Description: Brazilian Walnut is a very dense hardwood with exceedingly fine graining. Its overall color depends on where it's grown and will range from a light yellowish tan to a deep, rich brown.
- Color Range: Brazilian Walnut color range varies considerably based on where it grows. It can vary from a light yellowish tan color with greenish overtones to an almost blackish brown. WFI offers Brazilian Walnut in the medium brown tones.
- Color Change: Brazilian Walnut when freshly milled will exhibit a large range of coloration, which will quickly mute into a more uniform range which then will darken over time to a medium to dark brown color.
- Site Sanding/ Finishing: This species has a number of alkalines in its chemical makeup which interfere with drying, adhesion and staining. While some oil finishes will dry on this wood, most will not. Also, some neutral oil finishes have reacted with these alkalines and turned red when used with this wood. A water-based finish is the safest bet. Always test the finish you propose to use first on test pieces to ensure compatibility.